Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Clearly I can't update everyone on the last like...2 years of my life, and I am not sure that this is going to actually get updated more than once a year either, since I don't have internet access at my house, but I realized that I have some friends on here that I haven't kept in touch with very well, that I would like to let know what's going on with me. My 3 little girls, and growing up way too fast! Kiya just turned 7 in February, Nessa turned 6 in July, and Sami will be 4 in August. Then, in April, 6 weeks early, we had little Ryker Cullen Wall! Our first boy! And if you ask Eric, our last! We are still mulling over the hysterectomy that has chance, like, 50%, of getting rid of my pain and making life better, but causing us to never be able to have children again. But since thinking about this gives me panic attacks...let's not do it right now! :) This pregnancy, like my last 3, was pretty rough, and when Monkey tried to come out at 30 weeks, I was put on bedrest. At 34 weeks, if I made it that far, I was told they would lighten my bedrest and let me do more. My house was looking like a pig pen by then, so at exactly 34 weeks, I decided light housework, such as picking up stuff in my living room, was okay and I sat and scooted around the floor. Eric had the day off and decided to run a few errands, also an activity I decided was okay for me and I stood up to go with him when I felt a gush. I ran to the bathroom, but after a few minutes of debate, decided it was nothing, I would put a pad on and see what happened. I walked out to the car and realized I was pretty wet. I told Eric my water may have broken and he thought I was crazy. He offered to drop me at the hospital, and I said, "Let's go run your errand and we will see." Then I climbed into the car and started to settle in and realized...nope! I asked Eric for a towel and a trip to the hospital. I got there and sure enough, I had broken my water. I waited to have my epidural and was at around an 8 when I asked for it. They then informed me he was finishing a c-section and would come as soon as he finished. Then the pain quickly got out of my control and I started to go fairly delirious. I also felt like I had to push and they then told me that they were switching over shifts. I pretty much told them to get the anesthesiologist in here NOW! Before putting it in they asked if I wanted to be checked and I said "NO! Cuz I don't want anyone telling my I don't have time for an epidural! I am not having this baby naturally!" Haha! Six hours after arriving at the hospital, which wasn't great since I was already at a 5+ (the doc had been suprised that I hadn't had him 3 0r 4 days earlier since I had been progressing everyday the week before) we finally had our baby boy. Weighing in at 4 lbs. 15 oz. and 17 1/2 inches. He spent 4 days in the NICU with no oxygen, feeding tube or anything. We came home and went back a couple of days later due to high bilirubin levels. Unfortunately, that was actually only the beginning of our problems. We'll save that for another post. Ryker's hungry!

No comments: