Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ah...the good ol' days

I love my little girls. With every ounce of my being. But today...we got a taste of the good ol' days. I think everyone needs this every once in a while. My hubby and I were sick, I have some pain problems from a disease called endometriosis which is sometimes disabling, and my hubby has migraines and plain old bad headaches. Well today, I was having pain problems, as well as fighting my cold, and so he was going to take the girls to church. At least that was the plan. There always seems to be a wrench thrown in the works somewhere. He woke up with a bad headache. Our girls love to go to church. We are mormons, and the girls really enjoy their classes; nursery and primary. So my mom and sister picked them up and took them to go to church in Hurricane. That gave me and my hubby (And the littlest, Samara who is also fighting a cold) a chance for some much needed rest. I was able to lounge in pjs, take a long afternoon nap and generally just be lazy. It is simply amazing how much you think your life changes when you have your first baby. Everything is so busy. Then you have two and you think; wow, I had so much time on my hands! Then comes number three and you can't believe how good you had it when you only had two!! That is when you think of how your mom had six and how she MUST have been absolutely nutters! I also look back and think....Holy Cow!! What was it like when I had none?
P.S. Like I mentioned at the beginning, I totally love my girls. I wouldn't give them up for anything. I am not wishing for the old days back, but just reminding myself why it is always good to live in the moment. Like my mother, I am completely nutters; I am thinking about a fourth one already! (My girls in order of birth are: Kiya Shelly Wall, age 4; Nessalynn Aurora Wall, age 3; and Samara Leilani Wall, age one. Any my wonderful husband is Eric David Wall. Just a short intro!)

No comments: